Our house rules are designed to ensure each and every visit to Local is a fun, positive and safe experience!
- Arrive early and stay late. Cheer, clap, and encourage others. Anything less is to cheat yourself of the experience, and to rob others of the gift of your presence and support as part of the community. Besides, the penalty is 2 burpees per minute. If you’re more than 10 minutes late you need to catch the next class.
- Introduce yourself to everyone in the class. Help us build the Local family by making sure everyone feels welcome and encouraged.
- Engage your mind when you walk in the door. Be aware and respectful of your surroundings. If there is teaching going on stay quiet so people can hear and learn. If there is a WOD going on, feel free to practice skills or warm up, but please stay out of the way.
- Check your ego at the door. Accidents and injuries happen and usually come as a result of impatience. Don’t be greedy. Slow down. Ask questions. Ask for help.
- EMPTY barbells and kettlebells were not designed to be dropped. We don’t want our toys, our rubber flooring, you, or someone else broken unnecessarily. Unnecessary dropping of empty barbells or kettlebells is 50 burpees per occurrence.
- Chalk is useful, even necessary. It is also messy. Use as much as you need, but keep the excess inside the chalk bucket because all the extra dust covers everything in the entire gym and makes it very hard to keep the clean atmosphere you’ve become used to.
- Clean up and put away all equipment after each workout. Clean up sweat, blood, chalk, dirt, vomit, handprints, and whatever else you’ve left behind.
- Keep your personal belongings up front in a cubby during class.
- And regarding any burpee incentives… you may cry and whine all you want, as long as we can hear you counting.
These rules were taken (and slightly modified) from CFLA’s Gym rules.