- MS in Nursing, 2008
After being fed up with a lack of results from her elliptical training sessions, Kelly came around to CrossFit. She started at home with Eva T’s bodyweight workouts. Due to a persistent, encouraging and very patient husband, she finally made her way into the box.
CrossFit has really changed her life, in only the most positive ways. Like many women, Kelly had always felt self-conscious of at least one part of her body. CrossFit has provided an environment where she not only embraced, but became proud of her body’s strength! This in turn has greatly influenced her self-esteem. CrossFit has changed her life is such radical ways that she wants to share this with others.
Kelly is a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with undergraduate and graduate degrees in Nursing. When she is not in the box, she works as a relief nurse practitioner. She likes to read, watch theatre, cheer on the Tar Heels, play with her pups Kaiah and Comet, go fishing with her dad and spend time with her wonderful husband in her free time.
- CrossFit Level I Certified, 2011 & 2016
- Olympic Lifting Seminar with Tony Cowden, 2011
- BeastSkills Seminar with Jim Bathurst, 2011
- Olympic Lifting Seminar with Caleb Ward, 2011
- Head judge at the Tarheel Challenge for CrossFit UNC, 2011
- Judge at the Carolina Fitness Challenge, 2011
- USA Weightlifting Level I Certified, 2012
- CrossFit Goal Setting Course with Greg Amundson, 2012
- CrossFit Gymnastics Seminar, 2012