Chad embodies what it means to be physically active and mentally strong. His lifelong commitment to fitness began with his earliest experiences as a Boy Scout, which provided a solid foundation for his capacity to learn, teach, and lead. While in high school, despite playing both soccer and baseball as well as maintaining his status as an honor student, he attained the coveted Eagle Scout distinction.
At the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill he earned both Bachelor of Arts in Exercise and Sports Science and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology degrees. During his time at UNC, he realized his enthusiasm for coaching while working at the Student Recreation Center and Rams Head Recreation Center. He also served as the Intramural Sports Captain for the Carolina Baptist Student Union.
After graduation, Chad worked as a personal trainer at local gyms, continually refining and honing his skills. Some of his original clients have followed him to Local. With over a decade in the fitness industry, Chad has coached all levels of physical fitness, from the elderly to the high-caliber athlete.
Chad’s understanding of the human body, and its potential to rehabilitate itself and excel, allow him to coach his clients in the most efficient and effective way. The variety of functional movements performed at high-intensity, which is a hallmark of CrossFit, leads to real, tangible results. Chad has seen the changes in his own life, both in performance and overall well-being, from implementing the CrossFit modalities. He is always excited to share that wisdom and passion with his clients.
Fitness is not just a job for Chad, it is a way of life. He is committed to providing the community with a place where he can assist clients in realizing not only their personal fitness goals but goals that allow them to grow personally. He is happy to report that while in California, he visited the original CrossFit and trained with Eva T. He loves to hunt, fish and spend time outdoors. In his free time, Chad enjoys spending time with his wife Kelly, daughter Evelyn and their puppies Kaiah and Comet.
- CrossFit Level I Certified, 2010 & 2015
- CrossFit Movement and Mobility Seminar with Kelly Starrett, 2010
- CrossFit Gymnastics Seminar with Jeff Tucker, 2010
- CrossFit Endurance Certified, 2011
- CrossFit Kids Certified, 2011
- Voted one of best personal trainers in Triangle, 2011, 2012
- USA Weightlifting Level I Certified, 2012
- CrossFit Goal Setting Course with Greg Amundson, 2012
- Tough Mudder, Warrior Dash and Adventure Race Competitor
- 4th place in 85kg weight class, Triad Barbell Meet, 2011
- GORUCK Challenge Finisher (Raleigh & Wilmington)
- GORUCK Navigator, Scavenger & Jedburgh Finisher
- BA Exercise and Sports Science, 2006