What’s In Your Bag!?! by Coach Jeremy
Have you ever been sitting there waiting for your class, PT session, or Ignition talk and noticed all of the people coming through the doors with a bag on their shoulder and thought to yourself, “I wonder what’s in their bag?” Well today is your lucky day, I will be taking you behind the scenes and giving you a sneak peek at what is in MY bag.
Before we get to the contents of the bag, lets talk about the bag itself. This bag and I have been through a lot together! Countless days in the field rolling around in the amazing Ft. Bragg dirt, multiple jumps out on Luzon dropzone, tons of college classes (Go Wolfpack), and even a few trips to the beach. With all that being said, the thing is still strong as the first day I got it. Which leads me to my first point, make sure you pick an awesome bag to hold all of your stuff. It should be comfy (when worn right) and durable enough to handle getting thrown around sometimes.
Alright enough background, time for the good stuff!
- Red Planner: This thing is a life saver! It keeps track of all of my PT sessions, classes I coach, events planned, and everything else you can think of that relates back to time management. I know what you’re thinking, “Jeremy, you can use your phone for this”. I’m old fashioned I guess, I like this way better.
- Black Spiral Notebook: This holds all of my random thoughts and ideas I have throughout the day. As well as notes from webinars I have watched and conferences I have attended. In the back half of this book are all the workouts I have my PT clients do so I can track their progress over time to make sure they are improving.
- WOD Book: You all know what this is. This is where I keep track of my workouts/times/PR’s. Even if you don’t have a bag I would recommend having one of these. Otherwise how will you know if you are improving over time!?
- Tape Roll: Remember a couple months ago when Chad went crazy and tore the tape off of 14 pull up bars in the gym? I recycled it, re-rolled it, and use it……….ahhhh gotcha! This is a fresh roll and use it to save my hands/wrists/fingers from getting to beat up during certain movements.
- Knee Sleeves: SPOILER ALERT!!! They go over your knees……..ha! They help give you some added support during any movement that involves a squat. Also, something you may not have thought of: roll them down so that they cover your shins when you are deadlifting/power cleaning/power snatching. This will help prevent those annoying scrapes up your shins.
- Blue Wrist Wraps: These are the cloth ones, which I hated at first, but have learned to love because I can adjust the tightness by simply twisting them left or right. Just be sure to wash them after every now and then or else they will start to smell pretty bad…….. Especially in the summertime……… Sorry Lindzie!
- Red/Black Reebok Lifters: Ever been in the bottom of a squat and had your heels come off of the ground? The taller heels and non-compressible soles lead to better, more-upright posture.
- SFH RECOVERY: This one should be pretty easy. Protein = GAINS!!! #NOMNOMNOM
- SFH STRONG: This one is a relatively new product that we have only been carrying a couple of months. If you have not PR’d anything in a long time, I would recommend giving this stuff a try. I can think of multiple members who have crushed their PR ceiling since adding this to their protein.
- Jump Rope: I would definitely recommend getting your own jump rope if you do not have one already. Each person has a different perfect jump rope length. It’s better to have one set up just for you rather than trying to find one that might working that is hanging up on the wall. Plus, if you have your own, you can customize it. Let’s see some creativity people!
And that is it! I hope you enjoyed your sneak peek into my bag. What do you have in yours?