The Paleo Diet Breakdown
Lots of people love to count calories these days, but if you’re like the rest of us, you find this process extremely tedious and time consuming. That is what makes the Paleo Diet so enticing. You can eat as much as you want as long as it is Paleo and never have to worry about counting a single calorie again!
The Paleo Diet is essentially a way for us to get back to our roots. If it was not available for a caveman to eat, then you should not be eating it. When you think about it this way it really simplifies the diet. If you can’t hunt it (meats and fish) or find it (nuts, leafy greens, regional veggies, and seeds) don’t eat it. So yes, this means NO GRAINS, CANDY, AND NO PROCESSED FOOD.
What is so bad about grains, candy, and processed foods you ask? Grains are made up of carbohydrates, and those carbs are turned into glucose (sugar) and used for energy and other tasks inside our body. Any glucose not used as energy is stored as FAT. The Paleo Diet also eliminates almost all sugar, if it is not So if you’re freaking out a bit right now, thinking of all the things that you won’t be able to eat any longer consider this list of amazing naturally occurring options you can have:
- Eggs- Look for Omega 3 enriched eggs.
- Fish- Wild fish, as mercury and other toxins can be an issue in farm raised.
- Fowl- Chicken, turkey, hen, duck, etc.
- Meat- GRASS FED not grain fed! Grains cause the same problems in animals that they do in
- Fruits- Have natural sugar and can be higher in calories, so eat in moderation if you are trying to
- Veggies- Eat as many as you want.
- Nuts- High in calories, they make a good snack.
- Oils- olive, coconut, avocado…..think natural!
Just follow these simple guidelines and you’ll be well on your way to living better!